Why does my pet get these infections?
It is normal for pets to have low numbers of resident bacteria and yeast on the skin surface. When there is a disruption to the skin’s natural ecosystem these bacteria and yeast can overgrow, leading to skin disease.
Reasons for disruption to the natural balance of the skin:
- Allergy, for example to pollens, grasses, food (protein) and fleas.
- Parasites, such as fleas, mites and lice.
- Hormonal or endocrine diseases
- Conformational problems such as deep skin folds – these create a moist environment, which is more favourable for growth of micro-organisms
How does Dermcare Malaseb help my pet?
- Kills the micro-organisms, helping to keep the numbers of yeast and bacteria at manageable levels.
- Removes excess scale and oils, commonly produced when the skin is infected.
- Removes allergens such as pollens, which can be present on the coat or skin, causing irritation.